How many years can be lived with dialysis?
On an average, 3 years live in the US with dialysis and the average duration in India is less than a year, while our treatment has given life to people in America Kidney failure can be prevented from progressing with our treatment.
Side Effects of Dialysis
- Low blood pressure is the most common side effect of dialysis, affecting one out of four patients at some point over the course of dialysis treatments. The two main causes are gaining excess fluid weight between sessions and having a weak heart. In order to avoid excess fluid weight gain, you should maintain a healthy fluid level by drinking no more than a quart (32 ounces) daily and avoiding salty foods which increase thirst. If you do gain excess fluid weight, discuss the issue with your dialysis team who can adjust your dialyzing time accordingly.
- Nausea and vomiting are associated with kidney disease in general, but low blood pressure and excess fluid weight gain are also common causes. If you have nausea and vomiting during a dialysis treatment, tell the nurse who can adjust the machine accordingly. If you’re suffering from nausea at home, speak to your healthcare provider about a prescription for anti-nausea medicine.
- Dry or itchy skin is experienced by many patients undergoing dialysis, especially in the winter. The most common reason for itchy skin is high phosphorus, so it’s important to follow your diet plan and take your phosphate binders regularly as prescribed. To help ease the symptoms, use soaps that don’t dry out skin as much, such as Ivory soap, and plain moisturizing lotions, such as Vaseline or Eucerine. Avoid lotions with fragrances because these may irritate sensitive skin.
- Restless leg syndrome is another common side effect that causes patients to keep moving their legs as a result of the leg nerves and muscles creating a crawly or prickly sensation. Restless leg syndrome can be tied to some forms of kidney disease, diabetes, hardening of the arteries, or a vitamin B deficiency, so it’s important to speak to your healthcare provider for a diagnosis and a prescription which will address the specific cause.
- Muscle cramping causes extreme discomfort to many patients. The cause of this side effect is unknown, so the issue can only be addressed by trying to relieve the symptoms. Healthcare providers advise stretching the cramped muscles to release the pain or applying hot packs to the affected area to help increase circulation. Some medications may provide relief but these should be discussed with your healthcare provider. Some patients find that drinking small amounts of tonic water or apple vinegar can help. Although there is no research to support these remedies, there is little risk to trying them to see if they will work for you.
- Metabolic Treatment of kidney failure is better than dialysis, because this do not have above complications.
Long-term Effects of Dialysis
There are four long-term dialysis problems:
- Heart disease
- Bone disease
- Nerve damage
Cause of death in dialysis are Heart attack, CHF/cardiomyopathy, Arrhythmias, cardiac arrest, Access infection, Nonaccess infection death,Other dialysis death, Other access death, GI bleed, Cancer, Respiratory, cerebrovascular death etc.
People are happy and happy with this treatment abroad for 10 to 20 years. Our treatment relieves the mess of dialysis and does not have to be transplanted. If this treatment is adopted properly, then the patient of kidney failure lives a long life without any dialysis or transplant.
The possibility of sudden death by taking dialysis is very high and it is expected to live on average for one year whereas in countries like America, on average people live for three years. On dialysis, there is a gradual loss of blood in the body and through dialysis, proteins and nutrients are also removed from the body, which cannot be replenished. Because all these nutrients and proteins are made in the liver and they can get out in the body as soon as they get out by dialysis. Due to all these reasons, the patient of dialysis slowly gets into a bad state.
Often, patients with kidney failure understand that they will lead a normal life by transplanting, but this is not usually the case. Kidney Transplant failure rate in USA – 7% failure within 1 year, 17% failure within 3 years, 46% failure within 10 years, 20% re-transplantation rate.
Program for Kidney Failure
By adopting this program, you can easily control your serum creatinine level. Hundreds of patients now get rid of dialysis and living a healthy and happy life by this program.
Kidney Transplant is an uncertain technique. Thousands of patients are waiting for it but in the meanwhile, you can try our program. By this you may not need any transplant.